You might remember that I have been relearning how to weave on my four-shaft loom–what I have learned, though, had more to do with me than the loom.
- Weaving makes you realize you aren’t the multi-tasker you thought you were. Turns out, I need complete silence to keep track of the pattern. Yeesh! This is when I realized how loud our house was (when did we get so many pets? And why are there birds inside it?)
- Weaving teaches you humility. Exactly how many times have I taken this weaving back?
- Weaving teaches you patience. See #2.
- Weaving teaches you about making good colour choices. Sure, blue and green reminds you of sea glass, but seeing the pattern as you weave is another thing entirely.
- Weaving is for pet-free homes.
- Weaving takes a looong time. Don’t give up the day job just yet.
- Weaving is good for the soul, when all is said and done.